A combination of poor weather and "life getting in the way" means that it is unlikely that I will be able to go anywhere fun, though I really hope to soon. I have a plan to visit another nearby castle and a lovely river valley in the nearby hills with waterfalls so lots of scope to play with my camera. All I need is a sunny day and time!
Meanwhile I thought I would share some little known things about me. When visiting other people's blogs I have often seen a meme asking you to name seven weird things about yourself. I don't know about you but I think it's the quirky little things that make life interesting, though hopefully not too freaky (there are laws to govern that sort of 'weird' but that isn't where I'm coming from). I'm thinking of the little things that we all do or think or believe that add to our personality but stop short of actual psychosis. The sort of things that make other people smile, may drive your nearest and dearest nuts but is kind of cute at the same time or even just plain best kept to yourself. Anyway, here are mine:
1) I can't whistle. I never have been able to despite many people arguing that I can and trying to show me. This usually ends in dry lips on my part and incredulous frustration on their's as they tell me "It's no good, you just can't whistle!". Well, d'uh!
2) I hate baked beans. Everyone else seems to love them.
3) I cannot sleep with any cupboard or draws open in the bedroom. They absolutely must be shut or they will bother me so much that I have to get up and close them. I know nothing is going to jump out from them and attack me but that is not the point. They. Must. Be. Closed.
4) I don't like the colour pink much. I really don't see the need to wear it and have most of my belongings in pink just because I am a girl. You do not see men wearing blue and having blue things all the time because they are boys! I figure there are other clues for people to pick up on!
5) My hair has turned from straight to wavy as I've got older. What is that about? Has someone switched DNA while I wasn't looking? Now, if I want straight hair I have to wrestle with it using the sort of super-heated straightening plates that could easily be employed as torture implements; I have to spend money on all sorts of straightening lotions and potions and things to protect my hair from heat; it takes forever to do and then after about 30 mins it starts to curl again anyway! It drives me nuts.
6) I practice and train in Western Martial Arts. Or put another way, I have a sword and I know how to use it!
7) I hold my pen in my right hand to write so that makes me right-handed, right? But I hold my knife in my left hand to eat, so that makes me left-handed doesn't it? It seems a small thing but this used to get me into trouble at school!
Hopefully, you'll still come back and visit now you've read this! What is your weird thing?