Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Christmas

I'm still uber busy preparing for Christmas and getting ready to go away to Spain for a few days to stay with friends. On top of that I am still working on my assignment for my Masters degree but at least I've finished work now until next year! Hooray! I wanted to take time to leave a Christmas post for all my blog buddies so I thought I'd share some pics of my decorations. (They were taken last night and the light wasn't terribly good, hence they have come out a little yellow.)


The photo above is one of my Christmas tree which is set up in the corner of my lounge. I just love to sit and watch films with just the little fairy lights on. It is decked in red and gold fruit (not real though) with berries and ivy. I also have some little fat gold robins on it (there is one in the centre of the photo) and perched right on top of the tree is the white dove of peace as you can see in the picture below. As some of you know, I have a cat called Bob and do you know that in all these years he hasn't so much as taken a bauble off the tree! He is soooo good!

I hang wreaths on the doors and hang small stockings from the door knobs. It really does cheer the place up on these short winter days and long nights. Bob has his own stocking and I hang it above his bed with some Christmas treats in it for him. I also decorate the mantel piece and you can just see it past the tree in the picture below.
I also use greenery up the stair bannister which you can see in the last photo. I love the traditional look of the foliage and berries.

Anyway, this year I am going away to Spain for Christmas to stay with friends in a place called Calpe near Alicante so I wanted to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday to those who do not celebrate it before I go, though hopefully I will have access to a compter while I'm away. I am taking my camera with me so I will be sure to take some pictures while I am out there and share them with you when I come back.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

15 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lovely Lovely tree, my dear...I assume the cat in your profile picture is Bob...Yes? Whoever it is he is so pretty and cute, too..I'd love to see his Stocking...! (lol)
I hope you have a really wonderful time in Spain, my dear...Take LOTS of pictures!
A Very Very Merry Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree ... we thought the lighting gave it a golden glow.
Have a very Merry Christmas. Have a safe and fun trip. We look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree ... we thought the lighting gave it a golden glow.
Have a very Merry Christmas. Have a safe and fun trip. We look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Katherine said...

Have a wonderful holiday in Spain!! Your tree and decorations are absolutely beautiful! And you're truly blessed with Bob, the non-destroying tree cat.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for your visit my dear...Can't wait to see Bob and his stocking!

I LOVE that picture of the trees against the orange sunset, too! It looks like a painting, for sure!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for your visit my dear...Can't wait to see Bob and his stocking!

I LOVE that picture of the trees against the orange sunset, too! It looks like a painting, for sure!

MaR said...

It's a beautiful tree, bobkat!!! the yellow tone makes the whole thing even cozier, if at all possible!!!
Have a great time near Alicante! Feliz Navidad :)
and a Happy New Year!

Zeus said...

As always, your photos are gorgeous. I wish you could come to my house and help us decorate as it seems to be a bit lacking in holiday cheer. What a marvelous job you did!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well, and be safe as you travel to Spain!

True Jersey Girl said...

Wow, your tree is outstanding! As are the rest of your decorations! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations you have there Bob-Kat. Simply beautiful.

Have a terrific time in Spain - Lucky you! Gee, some people do it tough don't they? *Hehehe*

Merry Christmas and safe travelling.

kenju said...

Your decorations are lovely and I really like the stair bannister and the scarf (or dressing) on the mantelpiece.

Have a great time in Spain!

craziequeen said...

It is always lovely in your lounge at Christmas - very warming and cosy.

Like I said, I adore your mantelpiece with the greenery and the little lights - gorgeous!

Your pressie is a little different, but I saw it while present hunting and thought of you.....hope you like it!

I am looking very curiously at my pressies under the tree - which have now been joined by Charlie and Pandora's Secret Paw!

Merry Christmas, my darling, to you and Archangel.

[blows kiss]

cq

Anonymous said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I love all the colors! :)

True Jersey Girl said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll - I will return the favor!

C. H. Green said...

Loved your decorations