Thursday, December 28, 2006

Back in the UK

Just a quick update as I am even busier than before Christmas if that is possible! Anyway...

...I'm back at home in the UK again. Bob the cat was pleased to see me and when he got back home from the cattery had to check the whole house over personally as usual. He ran from room to room making sure things were as he'd left them and demanding me to open up any doors that we closed. Once he checked the house over he settled down for a sleep and then has followed me around ever since in case I try and make another quick get away!

Christmas was interesting. I was still a bit wobbly from having been very sick but was well enough to eat some plain food and take a walk along the beach in the sun and fresh air. I had no alcohol due to aforementioned tummy bug but on the whole still had a nice time. The major good point was that I did get the new digital SLR camera I was hoping for!!! :-) I was bought a Canon EOS 400D and now I can't wait to get out and start to really get to grips with it.

Also, you may remember the Christmas meme I did (see previous posts), the one where I didn't want coasters for Christmas?! Well, guess what I got? Yep, another set of coasters! Excpet these ones are special - they are tasteful and contemporary and from a dear friend, so out with the old and in with the new! Cheers CQ! Hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas and I will be posting some pics from Spain (some taken with the new camera!) soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling a bit better. I hope that your break was not ruined that badly
I bet this 'orrible british weather is a shock!!!
All the best for 2007

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So happy you got that SLR Camera! And I bet Bob is v-e-r-y happy you are home and he is home, too! (lol)
Can't wait to see more Spain pictures with that Canon!
Welcome Home, my dear!

utenzi said...

Congratulations on the dSLR, B-K. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun learning the bells-and-whistles on it.

Cats really don't like change much, do they?

Anonymous said...

Glad you got home safe and sound and still in one piece... How lucky are you getting the dSLR??? Yippee. I look forward to seeing some of your piccies in the very near future.

kenju said...

I am really looking forward to your photos, and am glad to hear that you feel better!

True Jersey Girl said...

Glad you are feeling better and can't wait to see the pics with the new camera!

Anonymous said...

just read your comment on my post and normaly so do I!!!

Anonymous said...

not on your nellie! it is mine all mine!!

Anonymous said...

lol it is mine... or was mine ... or I have lost it ... oh heck I am all confused now!

Anonymous said...

A new SLR??? Better be taking some good pics!

craziequeen said...

Sorry again about the coasters - I missed that line in your meme.....

It actually took me ages to work out that they were coasters - first of all I thought they were an original and unusual ornament! :-)

cq