Sunday, July 01, 2007

Birthday pressies cont.

It's been a very very soggy weekend here in the UK and also one where we have seen terrorism make the headlines again. This isn't a political blog so I'm not going to air my opinion on this or sully my blog with the ills of the world. Rather I am going to take the British attitude that became famous in the World Wars and saw us through the subsequent attacks during the 70's and 80's. I am going to demonstrate the stiff upper lip and not ignore what is happening, but rather to get on with my life. Kudos to all those who have been much more affected by the goings on and have adopted this stoic attitude!

On a cheerier note I wanted to share some more of the fab gifts my blog friends left for me. As ever follow the links in bold italics to view the gifts. R. Sherman of 'Musings from the Hinterland' bought me a couple of great 'gifts' in the shape of links to interesting sites. The first was to the National Park Service website showing the parks for Wyoming, which from his holiday photo's looks absolutely incredible. Visit his blog to see the pics of the natural stone arches for yourself. They're amazing. Not done with the partying this intrepid blogger returned later with another gift which was quite dramatic and instantly appealed to my quirky sense of humour. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for some real drama!



Next Utenzi dropped by with birthday wishes and left me a picture of a wonderful peaceful forest pathway - just looking at it evokes feelings of relaxation. I just love how dappled sunlight looks through trees. He also popped by again and this time left a picture of a gorgeous waterfall that he had seen one day while out walking. There is something fascinating about running water and especially waterfalls so I loved this photo too.

Last but not least for this post, Mar came by with two gifts also! Firstly she left me a link to her favourite chocolate place in Barcelona, The Chocolat Factory, and also one to Custo designs which look fun, and colourful. After all, what girl can't resist good chocolate (mmmmm!) and shopping! I was particularly taken with the Chocolat Factory's claim of 'Chocolate is healthy'! Hey, I'm not gonna argue if it means I can eat it and forget the guilt trip! :) Check out 'The Pot' under 'Products'!

As ever, thank you to you all. I will be showcasing more of my blog friends gifts in my next post too!

14 comments:

MaR said...

I am glad you've enjoyed your bday pressies :)
I just enjoyed watching the concert for Diana with the one and only Rod Stewart (isn't he wonderful!) among others...hey: Take That played my song, how about that!

kenju said...

I feel badly, Bob-kat, because I said I'd come back with a present, and I forgot. Can you forgive me?

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What truly WONDERFUL Gifts, my dear....
I have one more thing I meant to email you...and I will, as soon as I finish this comment. I had seen that little "creature" before...HE is amazing!

About the cake: They call that design...their "CONFETTI CAKE"....and it does look like that....! And it is a fabulously rich dense chocolate yumminess! Wish I could send you one for your Birthday!

Pat said...

Belated but sincere birthday greetings Bob-kat and may you have a happy, healthy year for you and yours.

Katherine said...

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like it went quite well. I've been watching A LOT of Wimbledon and couldn't believe it when they reported on the bombs that were found. Unbelievable.

utenzi said...

I'm glad you (and your stiff upper lip) had a nice birthday, B-K. I hope the rest of your year goes just as well--and that you don't need to make too much use of that stiff lip routine. Maybe the world will be a nicer place in a year's time.

Niall young said...

I'm so sorry i neglected you on your Birthday..I have been very busy with ym exhibition. I do hope you'll accept my very best wishes although belatedly?

diyadear said...

wow its rainig gifts!!this is a wonderful idea.. i am sure im doing it for my b'day too :D

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks, dear Bob-Kat for your lovely words...
The discouragement so many feel about this administration and the state of the world---well, it is palpable!

I am sure I will hang i there...BUT....it is so damn depressing! UGH! and Grrrrrrr!
(lol)

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I forgot to say... Happy Birthday!!! (A bit late now, I know. Sorry!). Hope you had a good one :)

srp said...

Happy Birthday... belated of course. The only birthday I ever remember on time is Nyssa's. Sometimes I even forget my own. Let me get lost in the Twilight Zone of home mortgages and I miss everything.

I have been taking a load from my storage unit to the house each day... trying to go through and sort out what stays and what goes to garage sale. I ransom my furniture next Wednesday. I have cleared out a lot of the storage unit but have hit the wall where the boxes are really stacked tight and high... I think I need "Two Men and a Truck"!

It is very strange to see how I packed the stuff... I don't think I should go into the moving company business. I did find the arm covers for a recliner/rocker that I completely forgot I had! Amazing!

If I were there, I would bake you a heavenly angel food cake and pile it high with light and fluffy white frosting made with a very hard to find in the store mix. Sprinkle some colorful nonpareils on top and you have my favorite birthday cake!

Hope your mom is doing better... mine is home. They didn't do much therapy this time but her leg is swelling less and the hematoma is resolving. Now she just needs to get up a little at a time and get going.... back to the doctor on Friday and the home therapy people will come perhaps Thursday.

Anonymous said...

BK great gifts all around...and never a more deserving recipient!

Hope all is well in your world.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday you have had! Happy belated birthday and was delighted to read that your mom was home from the hospital. I hope that she will continue to improve!

Shephard said...

Happy belated bday!
I must have played that video 5 times, it made me laugh!

~S