Thursday, April 01, 2010

Easter

It's that time of the year again. Spring is springing (though you'd never tell from the weather which is cold and wet!), the daffodils are blooming, new born lambs are shaking their tails in the fields and March has mysteriously vanished. Easter is finally upon us, in a frenzy of chocolate wrapped in gaudy coloured foil and thankfully, brings a few days off work. Christmas break seems so long ago...


I am feeling much better now, tough still having trouble with my asthma after the last chest infection. Healing takes time and I am trying to be patient but I would so like to walk somewhere without breaking into a wheeze of a 80 year old that has smoked a packet of cigarettes a day since their teens. Work has been crazy busy, more so than usual, and I have delivered a couple of things that should benefit the whole area. I am just waiting for the Management Board to endorse one so fingers crossed.

In my personal life I have been working on a couple of projects. The first is a damn big clear out. So far, I have thrown a load of stuff out and the place looks worse than ever! I can only hope that there will be a place for everything when I'm done and I don't disappear under a pile of random detritus before I'm done. The cats are accounted for and are banned from the spare room and study for fear that they might get trapped under something.


I am also working on a website. My website. It's going to be a photographic portfolio of some of my work. I am not setting up a business as such but I have been asked to photograph a wedding and do a pet portrait and I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to display my work and see where this thing takes me. More information will follow soon. Lastly, I will be collecting a new member of my pet family tomorrow and I can't wait. It's a baby Crested Gecko and these little chaps are so sweet. More news on him with pics soon. In the meantime, if you celebrate it, have a very Happy Easter.

10 comments:

craziequeen said...

Hey hon - if you can see Charlie you are welcome to photograph him! :-)

My Easter will be mostly chocolateless....the cacao bean had not been discovered in 1370 - but I understand some people smuggle in chocolate.......

cq

rashbre said...

Enjoy the holiday season. I might just go hunting for chocs.

kenju said...

I love the painted eggs!! Happy Easter!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Happy Easter to you, too!

Dianne said...

pretty shot of the Easter eggs

I could use some new photos of the kitties, pretty please

I'll wait til you post the new critter

I'm glad you're getting some time off, enjoy

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

SWEET! Your own website and a fledgling photography... something. Hobby, side job, new career...

It's going to be fun to watch where it takes you.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Happy Easter to you, my dear...And much luck with all your wonderful Projects...It sounds terrific! So creative!
And I am glad you are feeling better, too....
I did laugh when you described sounding like an 80 year old who has smoked a pack a day, etc....I realized--I will be 79 in June and I smoked 4 packs a day till I stopped....But when I first read your sentenve it was hard for me to realize...THAT could be me....lol!

I spoke with the Talented George Ehling today, (on the phone)...He is a true Dynamo...83 and STILL busy working on the back of his house up on a twenty foot scaffolding....He LOVED my posts about his house and said that I MUST get up those stairs to see what he is doing in the back. I may have to rent a Wheel Chair...the pain in my hip is excrutiating and I cannot possibly go up ALL those stairs...BUT, Where there's a Will, There's A Way. Right?

Cannot wait to see pictures of your NEW Baby....He sounds wonderful!

Kathryn said...

Happy Easter!

Breathing problems & fatigue are the pits.

Hope you feel better soon, & good luck with the website. :)

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Easter.

BTW, your post reminded me that I need to get started on my Spring "Clean-out."

Gee, thanks.

Cheers.

Melody said...

Sorry, haven't popped by for a while - lucky for FB right?

Wow - nice one being asked to photograph a wedding - you never know what will come out of that. Good luck!!