Monday, June 15, 2009

Double trouble or twice the fun?

Sam

Then there were two... I had been thinking of getting two cats for many years but held off as Bob was very set in his ways and I knew he would not take to sharing very well. He barely tolerated other humans in 'his' home. So, when I decided to adopt Max I always had the intention of having two cats...eventually...sometime in the future. I just didn't realise it would be so soon!

Max

Sam is the last of the litter to find a home and he found it with me and his brother. I decided that two litter mates that were best friends would be so much easier to adopt than trying to introduce another feline further down the line. Sam and Max would wear each other out and be company for each other while I am work and I avoid all potential future problems from introducing a new cat later. I am thrilled and can't wait until I can bring them home at the end of the month as a birthday present to myself. It's a milestone birthday too so the present had to be extra special!

On a different note I apologise for my lack of blog presence lately. Work has become busy beyond belief and I am barely coping with my thyroid condition. I work, I sleep and do very little else as I have no energy. Once I get the next week or so out of the way I hope normal service will be resumed. Just in time to prepare for the arrival of my kitties and my birthday, which I'm determined to enjoy. Thanks for popping by, I really appreciate it and I hope to repay your visit soon!

20 comments:

lauren nicole♥♫ said...

awe they are so cute! Happy Birthday!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

They're adorable! I know what you mean, though, about not wanting to introduce a second cat when the first cat is set in his ways. I've befriended a feral who I would very much like to take home, but Pixel is nearly 18 and has kidney issues, and it would be unfair to make him share and possibly have to defend his status at his age. One has to be loyal to old friends.

I know you're going to create a lot of wonderful memories with your new friends.

kenju said...

I hope they will always make you happy! They are so cute.

Kathryn said...

Happy B-day! I understand the energy issue, far too well!

We have 2 cats (& 2 is my limit!). They get along very well & as we are away from home 2 nights a week, i am so very glad they get along & keep each other entertained (tho the younger irritates the older one often). Brothers are a good choice.

And they are so CUTE!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I have littermates. I highly recommend it as a way to go.

take care of yourself, my friend.

David Edward said...

if the milestone is 39 do not worry about it. I survived and you will too. Two are better than one!

bodaat said...

very cute! i think you made a great decision!

Melody said...

Good for you!! (I'd say double trouble btw!)

Anonymous said...

I go with the double the fun, although that also means double the kitty litter, I assume.

Cheers.

Shruti said...

The only problem that could arise after keeping two male cats from the same litter would be after they are 8 months of age and they want to go around with the same female ;) oh then there's a war! Or else, they help each other clean their fur :) I'm saying from experience

MaR said...

They are adorable, they have beautiful blue eyes!!

Bobkat said...

Shruti - thanks! I did consider that but as they will be neutered and indoor cats then I'm hoping this won't be a problem :) Nice to meet you and thanks for popping by!

pink dogwood said...

I have two dogs from the same litter and it has been great the past three years. They fight, they play - just like any other set of twins :)

These kittens have the most adorable blue eyes I have ever seen. Congratulations and happy birthday in advance.

Dianne said...

this is such good, exciting news

as a veteran of introducing one maniac to another - I applaud the decision of getting litter mates.

and they are double adorable!!

I'm so happy

and I hope you feel better soon.

you have such a great spirit :)

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

What a great idea! Twice the fun and cuteness :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How WONDERFUL, my dear...I think that is the perfect pairing and will be so very good for them as well as you....They sure are CUTE!

I understand what you are going through and hope your Thyroid will be better soon.....I'm not myself, either, so....that is the way life is right now.

I too have a Birthday coming up, next Saturday....I cannot say it is one I am looking forward to...but it is happening anyway.
Hoping you have a lovely Birthday with these two dear little sweethearts coming into your life and your home.

Niall young said...

Your new Kittens are gorgeous...We've always had two cats..it works, they are double the food, but double the love...!

rashbre said...

They look adorable. I was with friends who have always had two cats as long as I remember. the cats have different personalities yet they have always got along together.

Exciting times ahead.

Smiler said...

I hadn't visited any blogs for a good while now and am delighted that you've opted to double the fun! They're both gorgeous kittens and a good thing they're markings are different or you couldn't tell them apart!

When I adopted Mimi from the SPCA she was with her sister and on the moment I didn't think about it especially as she had long hair and I assumed (wrongly) this meant more hair loss, and then the next day when I finally clicked that I should have taken both, her sister was already gone. I still kick myself but that's life.

Shephard said...

Adorable faces...
~S