Great song eh? But more on that later...
It's been a loooooong week. There is much change at work with the team I am in being broken up and various sections being reorganised with sections from other teams. Apparently nothing else much will change which begs the question: then why do it? I believe there are two reasons: the first being that if handled properly there could be advantages in closer working with some other sections and the second that senior management need to earn their keep so occupy themselves with tasks akin to arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. At least that is how it seems sometimes from my lowly position.
It has been an eventful week though and a complete mixed bag the highlights of which I shall list for your amusement and edification and the reason for posting the video will become evident:
- All week I have been hounded by someone at work who believes their crisis should also be mine. It got to the point where I was being bombarded with emails and calls and had to put my phone through to voicemail to get some peace (I was not ignoring them and had replied but they wanted a different answer). Ever felt hunted?
- The sun has been shining for most of the week and it feels like Spring has sprung with a vengeance! I took my bearded dragons outside to see the sun and they loved it. It really was quite funny to see them as it was the first time they had actually seen the sky!
- One of my fish is digging big holes in the aquarium sand and clogging the filter. Yesterday it overflowed and poured all over my sideboard and down over some hardback books. I was not impressed.
- The chatterbox at work has held me hostage several times this week. It is my considered opinion that they do not breathe air as they certainly don't stop for it! Today they kept me in conversation for 15 minutes and then announced to me that they were bored! Really?!!!!!
- It's Mothers Day this Sunday and I have mine and M's mothers' gifts all sorted and gift wrapped. We have been asked to dinner but...
- My parents continue their hamfisted attempts at reconciling myself and my brother. This week they tried emotional blackmail again enquiring which one of us would be attending their funerals. My brother basically will not be in the same place as me and storms out of their house if I so much as ring them while he is there. I love my parents very much but it can be hard to bite my tongue sometimes.
- I have been so tired still. I have actually fallen asleep in the afternoons.
- I was reminded of the power of smiling. It's something I always try to do anyway, whenever I am dealing with someone but it was so nice to have a smile bestowed on me.
- I booked a city break in Barcelona. I go in two weeks and I cannot wait to see this wonderful city. I am also looking forward to meeting up with a fellow blogger who I have long admired.
- All I have to do is find someone to look after my lizards. It appears that most people don't like them. It is very ill deserved as they are the sweetest tempered creatures, more harmless than the average hamster.