Thursday, January 24, 2008

'E' is for...

...Honoured and flattered. Smiler has awarded me the 'Excellent' blog award and although this label is a little daunting to live up to...thank you; I will do my best.

Blog awards are a funny thing. As people have pointed out, usually when one gets an award in 'real life' you aren't required to then pass it on to other people like a pyramid selling scheme. A second point is that you can only ever give the award to blogs you are familiar with. So, how do you know they are the most deserving blogs out there? Personally I have reconciled this by looking at blog awards as receiving a personal compliment from one blogger to another and It always makes me happy to receive a compliment and that goes for comments too. I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to visit my blog, read what I have written and leave a comment for me. Receiving an award is like the cherry on top of the cake for me.

Recently Smiler posted a self-ironic post on the agony and the ecstasy of choosing how to pass on an award and it is something I find difficult too. There are always more blogs I wish to give the award to than permitted in the 'rules'. I could choose not to pass them on, but then I want to pass on the compliment to other bloggers, but then in the back of my mind there is the nagging thought that I might offend someone if they don't receive it. Neurotic... just a smidgen I suppose! But the nice thing about the fact that these awards are passed on, is that generally the bloggers I would love to have given the award to before I ran out of slots, get it from someone else!

So without further ado I shall get on with passing this award on. Project Mommy, who started this whole thing says: “… By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to ten more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least ten.” I guess it is up to me to come up with criteria for 'Excellent'. ALL blogs on my sidebar are Excellent, but I am limited to passing this on to ten bloggers:

Musings from the Hinterland
Imagine What I'm Leaving Out
Big Little Sister
Sarch's Blog
Rashbre Central
Nikki-Ann
Anna's Photo of the Day
John's Daily Digital Images
Dancing for Beginners
Here in the Hills

All these blogs are excellent for different reasons but they all share something of themselves with those who visit and leave a lasting impression. Do I know they are the most 'Excellent' blogs out there? No, but they are excellent to me, just as yours is too even if you weren't on the list.

Update: I've just noticed on my blog editor that this is my 200th post! What a great way to celebrate by passing on some blog joy! :)

24 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Firstly congratulations...:)

Am here via Anna - because I'm nosey and wanted to see what you had given her...which has to be one of the lovely things about awards - it takes people out of the sidebar and prompts others to go visit...
although I find myself in a conundrum over an award myself at the moment...I would give it to everyone in my sidebar...
Anyhow, having discovered you I may well pop back, Have a lovely Sunday, Katie

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Congratulations!

My problem is that I wind up giving the same awards to the same people. Although you should stop by my place... you'll find I deviated from that a bit. Or else you're now one of my "same people."

Yup, another one's waiting for you.

craziequeen said...

Congratulations, honey.. :-)

You know, it only seems yesterday that you said 'A blog? I wouldn't know what to write......!'

[chuckle]

cq

Anna said...

Oooohhhh...thank you, thank you.

What a wonderful award. I am so glad that you like my blog and that you regularly visit!

Hope your weekend is good!

Anonymous said...

BK, congrats, and thanks so much. I've been swamped at work of late and therefore, I fear my entries will barely rise to "'M' For Mediocre." You we can always count on, however.

Cheers.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you so very much dear Bob-Kat....I know you said you hope I accept this Award...And I do, "in theory", but if it means I must pass it on to ten people...Well....I am unable to do that part....Call it Very VERY Neurotic---Call it whatever you like...lol....I just am not able to make those choices for ALL the reasons you mentioned, and a few more....!
(Incidentally, Deana gave me this Award, too, and she knows my feelings on the subject, but told me I should post it on my side-bar, anyway....That was very dear of her, but I do not remember how to post anything over om my side-bar...LOL!)
Anyway, my dear, given that I am incapable of passing this on...You may want to give this to someone else. I DO dearly appreciate your bestowing this on me, Bob-Kat...I am deeply Honored by this, truly. And you certainly are Well Deserved by Smiler.

(I just read CQ's comment...Isn't it wonderful that you DID begin to Blog? I know I am so very very happy that I met you, my dear B-K, and without Blogging, that would never have happened. What an Amazing Phenomenom...!)

kenju said...

Bob-kat, I am so touched by this award, and I thank you very much for the nice compliment! I agree with you about passing on awards, (it is like a pyramid scheme...LOL), but I will give some thought to those who will receive it from me and try to live up to your designation.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Congratulations and thank you very much! :) It's not often I get an award, a blogging one or otherwise, so thank you. It's very much appreciated.

I'm now going to take time to visit the other award winners :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you my dear....!
Now, if I can just figure out how to put this on my sidebar....LOL!
I appreciate your understanding, more than I can say.

rashbre said...

Congratulations on 200 posts! Your blog also has a great 'voice'/'miaow' of its own, which is part of the fun.

I'll humbly accept this award (rustles empty sheet of paper for effect whilst looking at shoes).

And as you say, finding ten to pass on is the next stage, with the great difficulty being to reduce to ten.

Thanks again.
rashbre

ps thats not my camera, in my post, I'm being crazed about Debra's.

Niall young said...

"00 and still going strong!! Congratulations.You are truely worthy of your award.Though i am not as frequent a visitor of late, your writing never fails to imform and challenge. And what a lovely surprise, you have awarded me one too!..thank you so much..I will treasure it!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Congratulation on 200 posts! We remember our 100th as a real milestone. You deserve the Excellent Blog award. Your blog is always so beautiful.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Beckie said...

Congrats on your award and on your 200th post.

Melody said...

Thank you BK, and congratulations to you! I have been given this award twice now but just haven't got around to doing a post about it!

And 200 posts? Well done.

Anonymous said...

BK thank you for the nomination! You are always so kind to me. Undeservedly so I might add.

Your award had an unexpected affect....I found that I am unable to fulfill the duties of accepting the award - LOL!

While I the last thing I want to do is cause offense to someone I truly consider a friend, I know that there is no way I can pick 10 other people for the award. There are so many good blogs out there. And I have found that for some reason of late I seem to keep getting in situations in life where "near misses" occur on offending those I care about. I am going to take the safe way out and thank you profusely and from the bottom of my heart, but decline.

I hope you understand....

Pat said...

Congrats on your 200th and your excellent award. Well deserved.

Dianne said...

congrats - on both the award and your 200th. I just recently found your blog and enjoy it very much.

Anonymous said...

Ok BK....point taken (get over it Sarch - buck it up and accept the award!).

Thank you my friend.

Anonymous said...

BK I never did congratulate you on your 200th post...that's big stuff! Good for you!

Also, thank you for the kind words on my blog. You have the gift of encouragement my friend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

CONGRATS on your 200 Post! And Bravo, to you, as well! Hope you are not working too hard, dear B-K....just stopping by to say HI and hoping all is pretty good with you and Bob! I send you hugs, too!

JAM said...

Thank you so much. I'll try to pass the honor along to some others this weekend.

You deserve this!

Anna said...

Thanks again! I posting about your award to me this weekend! I hope that you are well and that you have a good weekend!

Smiler said...

I'm glad I did all the worrying for you, see? You did that like a pro. Congratulations. :-)

carmilevy said...

I know I'm a very bad blogger when it comes to the entire award issue. Simply put, I'm always flattered by the recognition, but I find it all a bit overwhelming - kind of like I'm not worthy.

So, I suppose as a form of compensation, I say thank you, but do not bestow awards of my own.

I know: I'm bad. I'm sure Michele would agree.

Mazel tov on reaching 200! We are so lucky to have you in blogworld.