Friday, November 17, 2006

AWOL


At last!!! My bags are packed, I have my currency, my travel insurance and my passport and I am off to New York! I am so excited that if I was a kid I could pee myself. I have wanted to visit The Big Apple for a long time now and I can hardly believe that I am actually going.

I am going with a friend and we have a list as long as the yellow brick road of things we want to do and see, but as we are only there for 5 days I suspect that we won't get to do it all! I don't mind though, the intention is not to stick to a rigid itinery but to go where we fancy going when we want to go and see where our feet take us. There are some things that I definitely want to do though including going up the Empire State Building, walking around Central Park, Times Square, Ground Zero and going to see Tosca at the Met Opera. As we are there for Thanksgiving then we also intend to go and see the Macy's parade but I am mostly looking forward to just walking around, sightseeing and shopping and taking things in. Thanks to everyone who suggested things for me to do - I have noted them in my Rough Guide to NY.

Anyway, I will be AWOL until the following weekend so in the meantime I will leave you with the following video (It's extremely clever but a little sad) and if you haven't taken a squizz already, then check out the video on the last post. Also leave a comment and let me know you dropped by. Enjoy! I know I will ;0)


5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is a beautifully rendered Video....Love that little KIWI....! THanks for that my dear and HAVE A FABULOYS time in New York. Fly Safe!!!!

MaR said...

What a sweet video, loved it!
Have a wonderful time, enjoy those 5 days and have a safe trip!!!
:)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hope you are having a good time my dear Bob-Kat!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are having a wonderful time. The kiwi is cute but also sad
Xx Fizzy xX

craziequeen said...

I am missing my darling evilboss terribly....

[sob]

cq