Saturday, July 22, 2006

A little walk by the sea

I like to get out and about as much as I can. All week I work in an office where the view from my window is of the offices opposite me so in the evenings and at weekends I like to stretch my legs and go somewhere with some space. These photos are of a place called Southern Down which is on a stretch of coast near Cardiff in Wales. The pic above shows a coastal path which traces it's way around a headland revealing a beach and marvellous cliffs which you can see just coming into view.
The photo above is of the beach which is usually full of people doing beachy stuff. I usually like to walk accross the cliff top and watch them. I am so high up that they all like like ants on vacation but their voices carry up to where I am easily. I am usually after a bit more peace and quiet which is why I walk around the headland and go and sit on the rocks. The view from there is absolutely fantastic as you can see from the photo below. In the pic the tide is out so you can see the wonderful patterns that the striated rocks make. I like to sit there and listen to the waves breaking on the rocks and watch the seagulls soar over the cliffs while the ships pass by and enter the Severn estuary. It is another place I love to go to as I used to live by the sea and now I live more in land I miss it. So, this is a place I like to visit to get the city out of my system for a while.

8 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That last picture is amazing! It is so mysterious in a way...BEAUTIFUL Beautiful...It almost looks like a painting of clay that has been pushed all around by the water...I love taking these walks with you and seeing how very beautiful these glorious places are...!

craziequeen said...

That is so cool, reminds me of Scotland, except there are no cliffs where I was.....

:-)

cq

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for the visit Bob-Kat...you are very right. It is a great pleasure to watch such terrific performances..a lot better than if I had to watch terrible ones, that's for sure! (lol) Just finished watching the Outstanding Actors in a Drama seies...Another difficult decision is upon me! But I enjoy it very very much.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, the Wonderful Wendy sent me back to you, dear Bob-Kat! It's always a pleasure to see the beautiful places you share with all of us.

Samantha said...

*sighs* Can I take a vacation and come visit you? It looks beautiful! Wendy directed me here today :) I'm glad she did too, because you have a great site! I'll be back! (Thats a promise NOT a threat hehehe)

Melli said...

AB SO LUTE LY Gorgeous! I would spend a LOT of time walking there if I had the opportunity! How in the world did it happen that you found it sO peaceful during daylight hours? I love to be on the beach allllll by myself... to feel like I am completely alone with God and nature! It doesn't happen often though... not nearly often enough! Fabulous post BK!

Oh yes... I did get here via Wendy Wings!

Carmen said...

Wendy sent me.

Wow, thanks for taking me on the walk along the sea. It's been a while since I've been to an ocean. :)

Jillian said...

The photos are astounding. My husband and I have an incredible longing to visit the UK...maybe even live there for a time. Your photos have stirred up the longing.

Beautiful! I can almost hear the surf.

Wendy directed me here. :)