Monday, January 04, 2010

The Boys


Max and Sam are now nine months old and as you can see from the photos, they have grown somewhat. When they are fully grown (they grow up to two years in age) they will be between 12-20lbs in weight so they still have some growing to do.

Sam

The older they get, the more their personalities develop. Sammy is still the more reserved of the two, suspicious of visitors, sometimes moody and often tells me off when I stop him doing something or make him do something he doesn't want to. He is however, very sweet, loves his chin being tickled and the one more likely to keep a close eye on me. He loves being picked up for cuddles and nestles his head into my shoulder. When he plays with Max, he is the rougher of the too and when he plays with me he loves to jump in the air and catch things.

Max

Max is the bigger of the pair and a lovable rogue. He has a cheeky streak a mile wide and is a wide open book. He has the loudest purr and bestows it on me liberally. He loves having his tummy rubbed and likes to chase things across the ground. He will do anything for a treat and will shake paws, beg and sit on command (as will Sam) and also likes to give me 'kisses' which basically means I get a wet nose.

My boys are growing up, but they are growing into beautiful cats don't you think?

14 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wow, they really have grown! They're beautiful boys.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, they are AMAZING. It makes me want new cats.

kenju said...

They are so gorgeous; their eyes are beautiful! I think I am partial to Sam and his white nose.

Dianne said...

oh I love them!!
and both their personalities sound wonderful

do they like being brushed? Mia is the first long hair I have ever had and she hates it

hugs to all of you!

Dulçe ♥ said...

Hello!
I found you via Michael Althouse at The 25 Year Plan... and When I saw your comment I said... hey- someone who loves Pink Floyd and CATS I must follow... a twin soul should never be missed.
Nice to meet you!
And I love those cats sooooo...
;)

Dulce

Anonymous said...

I once knew a girl eyes that blue. Yikes, was I hypnotized. As it turned out, I was allergic to her as much as I am most felines.

[Insert Smiley-face Emoticon Here]

Cheers, dear.

bodaat said...

SO cute!! i miss having cats!! your boys are so adorable. :)

Smiler said...

They're both gorgeous kitties. You did well to get them both, I'm sure they're also good companions to one another. 12 to 20 lbs though... that's HUGE! More to love I guess. :-)

Linda said...

Ah, Bobkat...they are LOVELY boys. Those intense blue eyes just call to me "get a kitty just like me!!!". I do so want to get a cat, but we teeter on the fence.

I can't remember...are they Ragdoll cats?

Bobkat said...

Thanks everyone. Of course I think they are beautiful! :)

Linda - They are Ragdolls. They are essentially an indoor cat so be prepared to have litter tray in your home if you are thinking of having one. They also have semi-long fur which does require grooming at least every other day, though they do shed less than other cats. They are very affectionate and often follow me around though and are so gentle. If you are thinking of getting a cat then I can recommend this breed though be sure to get one from a reputable breeder.

rashbre said...

Lovely pictures of your two kitten-cats. Amazing how they have grown.

The first picture is stunning.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

h, they are Gorgeous and adorable! Really Beautiful--In fact, they are both GREAT Beauty's..(Don't tell Sweetie I said that...lol).

Truly my dear B-K, you have two amazingly gorgeous cats! I can't wait to see them fully grown...WOW, maybe up to twenty pounds...! AMAZING!

PJ said...

Beautiful Meezers!

srp said...

I have been gone way too long!! What beautiful cats!! They are ragdolls aren't they? We have three and each has such a different personality. Willow is a bully, Nicky is scared of everything. I think their strange personalities are due to growing up with the Siamese. Yours are gorgeous!!!