Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Remember Me?

Remember me? It’s been awhile I know and I have no defence other than the fact that my previous level of busy-ness escalated for awhile but has now settled down to general chaos. All my good intentions to post and visit over the last couple of weeks have simply contributed yet another paving slab on the road to hell.

I have missed the interaction with my blogging friends and fear that my status as AWOL has meant that some previously well trodden virtual paths between my blog and some others are well and truly grown over. For those tenacious souls who have dropped by just to say hi, I want you to know that I truly appreciated your thoughtfulness. Thank you.


I am afraid I haven’t done much except work or chores or sleep so in the absence of anything interesting to blog about I thought I would share some quotes from a page a day desk calendar I have on my desk at work (given to me by CrazieQueen last Christmas). Everyday it provides a quote about friendship and while some are sickly sweet some are worth sharing:


“A true friend never gets in your way – unless you happen to be going down”

~ Anonymous


“A good friend – like a tube of toothpaste – comes through in a tight squeeze”

~Anonymous


“The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are right”

~ Mark Twain


“True friends are those who really know you but love you anyway”

~ Edna Buchanan


“The loneliest woman in the world is a woman without a close woman friend”

~ George Santayana


“You can always tell a real friend: When you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job”

~ Laurence J. Peter


“No people feel closer or more friendly than those who are on the same diet”

~ Anonymous


Based on these I think I can count my real friends on one hand, but then I have never been one to keep associates.

12 comments:

utenzi said...

Well, you do look vaguely familiar.

Niall young said...

Remeber you?...how could I forget?....erm...actually..who are you?...oh yes!...I remember...you're the incredibly hard working lovely person who sent me a lovely post card for which i don't think I've thanked you...So 'Thank you!'...

:-)

Melody said...

Oh yes, I do remember you. You're the girl I met in Trafalgar Square six months ago. (Yes, six months ago!!)

Dianne said...

I love the quote about the stars, had to enlarge it to read it!! Oy age!

I miss you but I sure do understand chaos.

Nice to see you again :)

Anonymous said...

I pop in every day to see what's happening. I figured you've been busy. I know the feeling as my posting has been off, as well.

Hang in there, stiff upper lip and all that.

Cheers.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I do indeed remember you well, my dear! It sounds like life is just incredibly overwhelming for you these days....! I hope it isn't all too overwhelming....

So, You are missed, for sure. But....Never Forgotten!

Those quotes are really quite wonderful! Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

David Edward said...

thanks for posting and for the quotes, come on by and see thetree house project.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I adore Edna Buchanan's books. Have you read any? I've got a few here; if you want, I'll stick your name on them and mail them to you when I'm done.

Oh, yeah. Hi!

rashbre said...

Keep doing what you do; we all know what it can be like to have those busy moments.

Anonymous said...

Hiya BK....I've pretty much been AWOL like you, so at least I know I'm in good company.

Good to know you're still over across the pond and doing your thing.

Smiler said...

You know what I say? Be your own best friend. That way you'll be sure to keep your best friend forever, no matter what! :-)

Shephard said...

I love the Twain quote.
~S