Saturday, August 09, 2008

Whose Bedroom?

So... I am still coughing. It's gradually fading away and I am coughing less but the wet weather we are having at the moment has made it worse and if I try and do any exercise I end up having a huge coughing fit so I have had to slow down somewhat :(

I've not done anything exciting lately due to a combination of the coughing and the wet weather. Work is going well. I'm starting to find my feet a little though there is so much to learn. I often come home tired because there is so much to take in. I had some bad news this week. For some reason my Personal appraisal wasn't assigned to one of the panels to be assessed for a bonus. This means that I won't get anything this month when bonus payments are made and I will have to wait an extra month to find out. I should get the basic bonus as I meet these criteria at least, but after the extra responsibility and work I took on when my boss was sick for months I feel I am due a bigger pat on the back. I don't normally like to blow my own trumpet but I deserve it this time even if I do say so myself. It would be nice if my organisation recognised this too.

Anyway, as I haven't got anything exciting to tell you I thought I would share a couple of photo's from my Edinburgh break back in June and pose a question:

Whose bedroom was this?

It is preserved exactly as it would have looked while it was in use with the original furniture. I'm not sure how easy or difficult this will be, but I hope it will be fun. I will draw a name at random from the correct guesses and send that person a handwritten post card from me with a pretty picture of somewhere in the UK. Probably a castle 'cause I like them. So get guessing and try and guess before you read other comments which may either give the game away or lead you astray :) I am working on a post about my break in Edinburgh which I hope will be coming to this blog soon...

15 comments:

Niall young said...

Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly..your reserves must be low as a combination of virus/stress of new job.So, you need Chicken Soup...Chocolate...and a big pay bonus!

Your photo I believe shows the bedroom once belonging to The Queen, and is onboard the Royal Yacht Britannia which is moored in Edinburgh.

kenju said...

Niall is probably right. I was going to say Princess Diana.

Melody said...

Well, you *still* have that cough too. I was speaking to a paramedic's wife the other day and she said there is a lot of coughing going around called, believe it or not, the '100 day cough'. It is what is says it is. True. Monet is much better, but still has a little nagging cough that makes an apperance once a day. At least now it isn't in the middle of the night! Phew.

So whose bedroom was that? Hmm....It would have to be some royalty wouldn't it? I don't think Ewan McGregor would have a room that looked like that.

Anonymous said...

Alas, dear, I suck with Scottish bedroom knowledge. I'll go with one of the kings James, just because.

:)

Cheers.

Dianne said...

Sorry you're still coughing. Your chest must be aching by now!

Is it possible the org. conveniently forgot your appraisal because you were due a big bonus? Will they make it up next month?

Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I've put my time in with not so nice corporations.

Moon said...

I have no idea whos bedroom it could have been lol.
I am thinking though, that you should see a doc about that persistant cough!

rashbre said...

I go with the previous chicken soup comment. Thats my approach when I feel like you describe. To be honest Creme of Chicken is my preference and a good 'ol tin of Heinz will do the trick.

The puzzle room is a challenge. I was thinking of Grace Hopper, but I rather doubt it if its in Britain.

The clues..a very posh (senior ranking) civil service key and lamp phone system, 1930s mirror and brush set. A book of naval types on the table. Single bed. So a naval lady quartered somewhere in GB after WW2 is my guess. Hence Grace. or the Queen.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Princess Margaret's Bedroom.
I WILD Guess...but it looks very Thirty's to me and though it looks quite plain---in a way----yet, it has a regal look, too....I don't think it is the Young Elizabeths room,though I suppose it could be....
It reminds me of a Bedroom I saw on a Yacht many years ago...The Boat belonged to the Aga Khan's wife...The Begum....This is no doubt, totally wrong...but then again....lol

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm sorry to read that you still have that cough...! I hope it goes away once your weather improves!
You absolutely deserve a Big Big Bonus, and I sure hope they realize that and that you finally DO get it!

I got so caught up in the Bedroom Game, I forgot to say all of the above....! Please do take good care, my dear.

pink dogwood said...

I really wish that I knew whose bedroom it was because I would just love to get a postcard of a castle from you :(

Nepharia said...

Sorry your still sick -- hopefully it will go completely away soon. :(

And as far as the bedroom goes, I haven't a clue. Wouldn't even begin to guess :D

MaR said...

Sorry to hear you still have that nasty cough...
No idea whose bedroom that it, I just hope I had a bit of that tidiness to show in mine, though :)

Anonymous said...

Don't say that you've had girl flu as well? Far far worse than man flu given that it is an actual virus that wreaks havoc on the body. I really do hope that you feel better soon and good luck with the appraisal

xx

Anonymous said...

Princess Anne

Shephard said...

I'm pretty sure that's Ben Affleck's bedroom.
~S